How is 2017 Working Out for you?
Are you one of those that feels that this year isn’t quite going to plan? We are almost through the first half of 2017 and maybe it is worth putting more emphasis on creating what we want for the rest of the year! Most of us set goals and in our household we are reevaluating. Do you want to close off this year having achieved what you set out? It is not too late. Here are some tips:
The SMART Process
- Specific – Be very specific about what you want.
- Measurable – How will you know you are on track? Do you have the emotional capacity required to see it through? Put indicators in place to measure your progress.
- Attainable – Make sure your goal is realistic and attainable. Decide how it can be accomplished.
- Relevant – Does this fit into what you want in life? Maybe ask if this is your goal or the wishes of someone else!
- Time-bound – Put in place certain actions to be completed by certain times throughout the year.
- Always remember that you need to get real! There is no point in wanting something that clearly isn’t achievable. For instance if you want to get fit, don’t try and do everything in the first month. Baby steps is key. Build it up and you will get used to the idea and the feeling associated with it. This is a classic way to fail, which leads to huge disappointment in ourselves and all the negativity that is associated with that.
If you are in the Cape Town area why not join me on my Vision Boarding Workshop on 1st July 2017? Here you will get very clear on what you really want, create a collage straight from your soul and you will set it in place for a successful 2017. Follow this link for more details and to book!